– In the money markets. Taurus, where Uranus is moving to, is a lot about money, capital and wealth, including banking. In fact, if you have ever visited Wall Street in the USA, one of the hottest money centres on the planet, you may have seen their very Taurean, iconic, 11 foot high Charging Bull statue which symbolises the Wall Street nostrils-flared dash for cash. Expect big changes in the financial markets, a roller coaster ride on the share and property markets and sudden reversals of fortune? Do you need to panic? Of course not! Panic is the enemy. Rather be sure to have something set aside for a rainy Uranian day.
– Expect cryptocurrencies to be even more in vogue or in the news or both. Taurus is a lot about money and Uranus is the planet of all things digital. Put them together and it seems inevitable that new digital currencies are in the offing and/or that Bitcoin and Blockchain will loom larger. Online payment systems will flourish way beyond PayPal and Stripe.
– Because Taurus has such a strong feminine and fashion vibe, also expect changes in the world of apparel. It could be about a new type of fibre that we all end up wearing, for example, the rise and rise of weather-responsive clothing, new synthetic fibres, and radical fashion trends.
– Smart money will be in digital now – if you’re online, you can monetise it. Uranus is the planet of technology and Taurus is strongly associated with finances. Start-ups that come out of nowhere and make billions will mushroom even more. Many will be run by women or female-oriented. Dating apps are going to be even bigger business, as will online shopping.
– The way people live is changing. Values will change. With the move of Uranus into Taurus and the financial knock on effects, coupled with the present of destroyer Pluto in the sign of big business Capricorn, we can expect that the very foundations of the way society runs is going to start to shape shift. This will especially show up in the ways banking is carried out, from the macro to the micro. Expect financial volatility.
– Expect shocks in the housing market… and even changes to the way we buy houses, save money, get in and out of debt, taxes, to credit cards and pay systems. The status quo is going to change and there is a rebellion building among people who have lost their freedom because of their debts. Priorities are going to change.
– A new direction when it comes to handling planet earth (Taurus is the first Earth sign of the zodiac) so expect changes in the way we treat the environment, and also how we punish those who mistreat the environment. Carbon footprints will be more closely looked, especially for big business who are ignoring them because of the bottom line. Also expect changes in the way that we farm and produce our food. Best case scenario; a total turnaround (Uranus is the planet of turnarounds) when it comes to factory farming. Changes in agriculture are almost assured. There could be an increased “return to the earth” movement with more farmer’s markets as people decide to no longer rely on processed food.
– Note that Uranus is also the liberator and as it moves into and through Taurus over the coming years, and again coupled with Pluto in Capricorn mentioned above, there are going to be more and more people asking themselves “how on earth did I allow myself to get trapped into this big mortgage/this financial roller coaster which is sucking my life away?” What’s important will change. While we obviously are not going to all end up living “off grid”, there will be more and more people wondering if the money they earn “to buy things they don’t need to impress people they don’t like” (to paraphrase a quote from the Dalai Lama) is really worth all the stress.
– The younger generation in particular will start to move away from the old model of “how to make a living”. Millennials (people born 1982 to 2004) have long been criticised for being work-shy fops who think the world owes them a living and who refuse to get bogged down in the 9-5 drudge their parents were in. However they have in fact paved the way for the next younger generation emerging now, who know that leaving University with a massive debt is a massive headache that affects the next ten or more years of their life. So what to do? The younger children will show us the way. Expect governments to live or die on how they handle this issue.
– The establishment is in for a shock. The older, middle-class, white person will have to get used to the idea of the status quo being smashed by people who break the mould, when it comes to succeeding financially.
– There will be new definitions around what financial success actually is. Expect the rise and rise of the minimalism movement which is already gaining ground in the USA.
– There will also be more and more liberated ideas around love, since Taurus is ruled by the planet of love, Venus. So expect greater openness about being not just gay and married, but also about sexual fluidity, gender norms, even around marriage itself, around bisexuality, polyamory (where couples have more than one partner very openly), open marriages and transgenderism. This has already started and when Uranus moves into Taurus, it will continue to be exacerbated. Uranus is nothing if not unconventional.
– Plus, if you thought the #metoo and #timesup movements had peaked, think again. Remember, Taurus goes with Venus and Venus is all about the feminine. Uranus it the planet that splits conventions wide open. This movement is going to be even more intense in the coming seven years, as women’s roles change, women change, and we see a whole new Women’s Liberation movement for the new millennium starting up.